Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Surprise Party Extravaganza!!! :)



Hey, it's Kendall. So, this past weekend, I got to go home after being at school for... two and a half months, which, believe me, is a LONG time to be away from home. Anyway, I woke up at 4:20 and sat in the airport for three hours (the shuttle insisted on picking me up at 5...) then flew out of LAX to SFO, where my mother picked me up! Then I went home for the last few preparations for my boyfriend Joe's surprise birthday party which I had been planning since... mid september? :) (I wanted to be sure that I picked a day where most everyone could come... haha). So, as you can imagine, the trip was long awaited! And let me tell you, as the time got closer and closer, it was harder and HARDER to keep it a secret! But, it all worked out just perfectly! Everyone got there and parked out of sight... except for one person... but that's okay :)! He was so surprised and everyone had an awesome time! Oh... back track a bit... His friend Alex took him out of the house earlier that day so that everyone could sneak in and set up, and his mother told him she was having a candle party. So, when we were ready to get him back and surprise him, his mom called him and said something was wrong, and to come home right away. So he comes in, and the first thing you hear is "mom, why the heck do you have Rock Band out?" (thinking she and her friends had done something detrimental to it!) and then everyone jumped out and yelled, "SURPRISE!!". Except me... because I "wasn't there", until he came into his mother's room and opened part of his present, which was me inside a box, hahaha. It was great! I thoroughly enjoyed planning it, and getting to bring him joy however I could for life in general, but specifically his birthday (even though i threw the party two weeks early...). So, ya! I spent my weekend there, hanging out with Joe, whom I had missed very much... and it was just SO good to be home and with him again. And to top it all off, we had delicious Japanese food! What could be better than being with those you love, fun times, and great Japanese food, right? Sadly, I was only there for two days, but I will be returning home for thanksgiving in roughly two weeks! So, I'm excited for that! Oh, and side note... I finally got to meet the two interns that have been living in my house for the past two months... one is from Argentina, and the other is from Ukraine? or something like that... but, it was interesting finally meeting the people I had heard stories about! Alrighty! That's all I've got to say... EXCEPT... thanks God for answering all my prayers for this last weekend! I got rain, my party plans worked, and my boyfriend enjoyed his party :) which is enough for me!

~Kendall

No comments: